WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS?
Lifetime Learning Credit:
- Maximum credit is $2,000 per tax return
- No limit to how many years it is claimed
- Nonrefundable (can be used to reduce tax owed but not to receive a refund)
American Opportunity Credit:
- Maximum credit is $2,500 per tax return
- Allowable on 4 years tax return maximum
- Up to $1,000 is refundable
DON'T FORGET TO CLAIM YOUR EDUCATION CREDIT:
The cost of college can be overwhelming, but luckily there are a few options to recuperate some of your tuition expenses come tax time. Like most things tax, there is a strategy involved. Talk to your accountant at Martin Accounting Services, Inc. to decide which credit is right and most beneficial for you and your family.